Last updated: Oct 27, 2020
A Student is basically any registered user on the e-Course Portal. A Student is a user who has a profile and can pursue courses in the system. So for the e-Course Portal to recognize the user as a student, the user must login to the site.
In this guide we’ll learn how a student interacts at various points in the the e-Course Portal.
Here are the students given rights:
- A Student can pursue courses or program.
- A Student can rate and review courses, module and units.
- A student can check his own results, view course statistics.
- A Student can send a private message to instructors.
- A Student can create friends and followers.
- To register a student can simply click on the Begin Registration link on the header or the button of the e-Course panel Login Page.
- Next is to Select your desired Program and Choose Program Membership option.
- Student should fill all the details in the registration page and click on complete signup button at the bottom of the registration form. An e-Course Pin Code will be required to complete your registration.
- After this, the student may gets an email at the registered email address with an activation link.
- The Student account is finally created in the site.
- Student can now go to there student account. OR Simply enter their login Username or email/password credentials entered in the registration form.
- After a Successful Login to the e-Course Portal.
- Click on View Profile link in the Login panel
- Click on Edit button to edit the profile.
- Enter the fields, there may be multiple field groups which the student can switch to fill the details.
A Student can change her profile picture from the edit profile section itself. The profile picture edit section can be located in the profile section. The student can simply click the change profile picture , delete the profile picture or upload a new profile picture . Upon uploading the new profile picture the student can also crop it to a fitting size.
- Dashboard : Student can view his own course progress, no of units completed, finished courses, his statistics, can prepare his to do tasks, course events. It is same like instructor dashboard.
- Courses : This section consist number of completed courses by students, the courses in which student is enrolled. It consists of further three subcategories : My Courses, Results, Stats
- Activity : This section records the activities of student. It consists of further 6 subcategories:
- Profile : Student Profile is visible here where he can upload cover image as well as his profile image.
- Notifications : All the notifications are visible in this section(e.g. instructor notifications, course evaluated, course reset for student)
- Messages : All the messages send to students is visible in this section.
- Wish list : User/Student Wish list is visible in this section
- Friends : Whenever someone send you friend request, that will be visible in this section. And, if you are already a friend with someone then that will also be visible in this section under friendship subcategory. You can also send friend request to someone. For that access site url/members, it will display list of all members now just click on add friend and when that person accepts your friend request. Both of you become friends.
- Groups : Groups membership and group invitations will be visible in this section.
- Forums : It consists information like topic started in the forum, replies created, favorites, subscriptions.
- Drive : It records the file sharing between members, between friends via drive feature.
- Settings : It consists general settings such as changing your password, resetting password, email notifications, setting for your profile visibility, delete, account.
- Achievements : Display your achievements.
- My Membership: Where your program membership can be viewed and changed
A student can browse through all the courses through the Course category from the menu.
The course directory consists of all the courses from present program category of the student. Each course line in course directory shows the Title of the course, a short description of the course, membership of the course, the ratings, review count of the course and the total number of students which have taken the course.
A student can use the search bar to search for a specific course. A student can sort the course directory. Following are options available for sorting the directory:
- Alphbetical : Shows the courses in Alphbetical order.
- Newly Created : [Default] Shows the courses in Date published order.
- Most Members : Shows the courses in Student count order.
- Highest Rated : Shows the courses in star Rating number order.
After finalizing on a course, the student can simply click on the course name to see the course page.
The course page contains several details for a student to take the course.
- Vital Information is located on top right corner with information like : Required Pre-Course, Membership of Course, Course Badge, Course Certificate.
- Course Description is shown on the course home page
- Course Reviews are shown at the end of the course description
- Total number of students who have taken the course.
- Students Taking the course can be seen in the Students section in the Course home.
- Student can also view course curriculum.
- Click on the Choose Course Category.
- If a course has Pre-Required course then the student can not start the course unless the pre-required course is finished and evaluated by the instructor.
- Once the course has been started the student can access the course, modules, units, assignments and can access the course timeline.
- Each unit may be connected to a Unit forums where a student can ask questions and interact with the Instructor and other students.
- A student can also download attachments for each unit. A student can also download attachments uploaded in the group.
- Click on name of the course to open the course you are about to take.
- On Opening the course, click on the “TAKE THIS COURSE” button on the right hand corner to begin your course.
- Carefully read all course instruction(s) before clicking the
“START COURSE” button to begin Examination progress.
- After the student has finished with a unit, the student can mark the unit complete.
- To mark the unit as complete the student simply needs to click on the link at the bottom of each unit “Mark Unit complete”.
- Once the Unit is marked as complete, a green colored dot appears on the course timeline in front of the marked unit.
- Once all Units, modules and Exams in the course are complete
- The student can go to course timeline and click on Finish course button the submit the course for evaluation.
- The course review has to be done after submitting the course.
- To review the course the student simply has to click on Review Course button below the Course Timeline
- The student can now review the course by rating the course our of 5 and giving his/her comments for the course.
- Ensure you read all examination Instruction(s) and then click the “START EXAM” button for your exam time to start reading.
- Once exam time starts, it will count down in minutes until it reaches the required end time of the exams. The total time remaining to finish the course is displayed by the top right corner of the course examination.
- Once exam time starts reading, it cannot be reversed. Ensure you submit your exams before the end of the countdown time. Failure to do so will log you out of the examination and only the Saved Quiz Progress answers will be submitted automatically.
- Read your question and ensure you type in the answers in the text answer box below each question. One (1) question are displayed per page. Use the (1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 9, 10) button tab below each answer box to navigate back and forth the exam questions or sections pages.
- All Answers remains in the answer box when you move from one question to the next question. Use the button “SAVE QUIZ PROGRESS” to ascertain that you have saved your answers for that particular question before moving to the next question.
- Avoid copying and pasting directly on the answer box. It may not save all your pasted answers when you navigate back and forth to the next page.
- Ensure answers are typed into the box are properly spaced in between each steps provided.
- Avoid refreshing or resizing (minimize) your browser once exam starts.
- After crosschecking your answers, click the “SUBMIT EXAM” button to submit your exams e-paper. Do not click “ENTER” on the keyboard to submit the exam.
- Once the students have submitted the exam.
- The Instructor evaluates the quiz and an automatic message is sent to the students with their marks from link to check the quiz scores.
- The student can also check the quiz results in the Profile -> Courses -> Results section.
- Once the Instructor has evaluated the submitted courses and given marks to each student for course. The student recieves an automatic message and notification. The message contains the percentage student got in the course.
- The student can check the Course percentage in the Profile -> Courses -> Stats section
- If the student has got course pecentage above the Badge percentage then the student gets a badge. This badge is shown in students profile.
- If the student has got course percentage above the passing percentage then the student gets a passing certificate. This certificate is shown in the Students profile page. The student can also print this certificate.
There are some core features which are discussed below:
Users can update their profiles from their profile section. They can update their profile photo, update or change their cover image, update about your location and bio.
Activity streams aggregate all of your activities across the e-Course Portal. This which means any sort of activity can be recorded. Blogs posts, new friendships and blog comments are among the most popular activities recorded.
Student can send friendship request to other members (students+ instructors). Friends have access to send private message and invite each other groups etc.
Private messaging allows greater interaction among students. Members can message other people on their friends list as well as reply to received messages. Each member has their own individual Inbox and Sent messages folders as well as a Compose message screen. Members are notified of new messages in three ways:
- By email (if enabled by the user)
- By an incremented number in the notification circle located in the Toolbar
- By an incremented number in the Messages tab if the user is on their own profile
Exams, Assignment and Course results are sent to users via private messaging, wherein students can directly interact with their instructor on the results.
Each course can be connected to a Group and while students access to course is limited but a student is a lifetime member to a course. Using external plugins like Group documents, instructor can send assignments to students via this mode.
Each course, modules and unit can be connected to forums. Each group can also be connected to a forum. If the group is private then the forum access is allowed only to group members. Which make the forum an exclusive forum for course members.